Vice President of Construction
Reporting to the President/?Principal and Executive Vice President, the Vice President will be responsible for the planning, strategizing and management of all of the company’s construction-related operations, which currently serve? new construction and renovation projects in tri state area.? These operations include procurement, construction, purchasing and customer service.? Operating in a fast paced environment, the Vice President will develop goals, budgets, plans, and strategies to ensure efficient, effective and profitable operations.? Working with the principals, you will collaborate in developing and implementing a vision for the organization, while ensuring that both current and future direction is effectively communicated and embraced across the company.?
- Understand the market and how to capitalize on new? business development opportunities using a creative and entrepreneurial approach.?
- Network with customers, architects, brokers, financial institutions and other leaders in the target markets of schools,? healthcare, office, and retail.?
- Ensure all assigned development projects are completed in accordance with the approved budget and schedule.
- Develop and implement long term business plans for new developments, expansions, renovations, etc. that are consistent with the Company's Strategic Plan and financial objectives.
- Initiate and oversee to completion of all assigned construction? projects;
- Develop and implement strategic business plans to maximize cash flow and value.?
- Generate offers for development/construction opportunities, negotiating and executing Letters of Intent with prospective Sellers/ Owners.?
- Identify and source opportunities to grow the company’s business unit.?
Education and Experience?
?Seasoned construction executive with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.?
- Track record of success initiating and leading complex development projects to success is required.?
- A four year college degree is required with major course work in construction, finance, engineering, business administration or related field.?
- Successfully managed projects from conception through to completion.
- Team leader and player who is experienced in organizing and leading a diverse number of disciplines.
- Solid negotiating skills, ideally with a history of dealing with government authorities, consultants, general contractors and material suppliers.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, a collaborative and team-oriented work style and conflict resolution skills.?
- Has a demonstrated ability to manage and mentor a team of professionals.
- Strong leadership presence with excellent persuasion and influencing capabilities.
- Proven ability to manage a number of projects and tasks at the same time, coordinate numerous activities and groups of people in order to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Is a driven and results oriented individual with a reputation of achieving positive results under challenging circumstances.
Worth Construction Co., Inc. is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer.
· CT DAS
· CT DOT
· NJ SDA
· NJ PUBLIC WORKS
· NJ DPMC
· NYC MOCS-VENDEX
· NYC SCA
· NYC DDC
· NYC DCAS
· NYS DOT
· NYS OSC
· NYS OGS
· PORT AUTHORITY OF NY & NJ
· SAM, CCR
· US DOT, FTA